We are currently looking for innovative, dynamic, and passionate individuals to join our team in a variety of capacities. If you are interested in working in a rewarding and challenging environment, please consider joining our team.
The South Western School District strives to cultivate a work and learning environment that empowers all members of our team, throughout our entire organization, to continue to grow professionally, take risks, and to have a voice in key decision-making. We believe this is what it takes to have a team that is 100% uncompromisingly committed to ensuring each student receives what they need to achieve their hopes, dreams, and goals. This is accomplished by embracing the following workplace values:
Continuous Growth- Helping everyone get from their Point A to their Point B through a growth mindset
Collaboration- Leveraging everyone's individual strengths and talents through teamwork to reach our vision and achieve our goals
Commitment- Total participation and engagement in helping to reach our vision and in helping others grow
Innovation- Thinking critically and creatively to create and identify challenges, develop solutions, and continue to evolve
Responsible and Ethical Behavior- Doing the right things, for the right reasons, the right way
Servant Leadership- Leaders throughout the organization embrace the importance of being visionary, authentic, empathetic, relational, supportive, and empowering
Click here to view current positions we have open and to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the district office at 717-632-2500 to discuss how we can accommodate receiving your application materials.
EMPLOYEE REFERRAL FORM
(To be completed by current employees who are referring a potential candidate for employment)
- School Personnel Health Record (physical examination)
- Standard PA Teaching Application
- South Western School District Support Application
including TB test
- Resume and Letters of Reference
- Health Assistant Application
- Act 34, Act 114, and Act 151 Background Checks
- Valid PA Teaching Certificate
(must be less than one (1) year old)
- Transcript(s) from college or university
- Act 168 - Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release(s)
- Credentials from college placement office (if available)
- Employees must complete an Act 126 - Child Abuse
- Act 34 - Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background
Recognition and Reporting training course or provide a
valid certificate (less than 5 years old)
- Act 114 - Federal Criminal History Record
- Act 151 - Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Act 168 - Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release
Candidates with a valid PA Teaching Certificate - Click here and select ‘Substitute Teachers' to apply online.
Interested in being a substitute teacher but don’t have a teaching certificate?
The South Western School District is actively interested individuals who would like to be day-to-day substitutes. If you do not have a PA teaching certificate, but do hold a bachelor’s degree, there are several options available that would allow you to substitute. For more information, email Brooke Daugherty, Human Resources Generalist or at (717) 632-2500.
The South Western School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and adheres to all federal and state laws and Fair Employment Practices (PEP) statutes that prohibit job discrimination.